Welcome to the second edition of The ISO27000 Newsletter, designed to keep you abreast of news and developments with respect to 17799 and related information security issues. The newsletter comprises a combination of inclusive articles and the identification of useful and topical sources on the web.
This edition covers:
LESS THAN 1% OF WEB USERS REJECT COOKIES
What is a Cookie?
The following guidelines are appropriate:
- You should be aware that confidential data may be stored by means of a cookie saved on your PC and accessed by a Web site whilst you are browsing - most likely without your knowledge.
- Where possible, avoid entering confidential data on Web sites or other Internet resources
- To turn off automatic cookies, select the security function from your browser toolbar and set "receive cookies" to "off".
- Alternatively, cookies may be monitored by the use of cookie management software.
- Ensure that you disable cookies from sites which might potentially share your details with third parties.